17 January, 2010

New York


We went to New York right at the end of November via bus! We took one of the many charter buses from DC to NY. It was the cheapest way to go... only $70 roundtrip for both of us. The bus left at 7AM, and it was a good 45 min walk/metro ride so that is why we have bags just fyi...
First thing we saw getting off the bus! I couldn't wait to see the movie, and I was not disappointed either. Reese loved it too. Matt Damon as a South African rugby player? YUMMY! Oh, and a little side note- my cousin Meg Tanner did the make up and hair for the movie. Yes, she has pictures with Matt Damon and got to touch him. Yes, I was jealous too.
Our first stop for lunch was the famous Carnegie Deli. FACT: This place closes at 4AM and opens again at 6AM. Who eats heart-attack sizes of meat at 1/2/3AM in the morning?
Now you see why we had to share.... Massive. I couldn't even finish my half of it. The gherkins were homemade and yummy too!
Of course, we had to get dessert. Yes, American super-sized. It was pretty yummy though. Reese and I barely put a dent in it before we were sweeted out.
We were on our way to Rustins flat, and decided to stop and take a picture at the pretty park.
Possibly my most excited face ever! Jon and Triana bought us Wicked tickets while we were on our trip (coolest parents-in-law ever right? i know!) And oh. my. word. I could not contain my excitement.
The picture is a bit blury... but it'll have to do... :)
Proof that a) we really went to Wicked b) we saw it on Broadway in New York and c) we had amazing AMAZING seats.
No pictures were allowed in the theatre, so I had to be sneaky. I didn't zoom or anything. Look how close we are! 12 rows from the front.
Reese found a famous basketball player at the show with his girlfriend. Of course he is massive.
Another sneaky picture! :)
Magnolia's is a MUST when you go to New York. It was the perfect end to our perfect date night!
They are famous for their cupcakes, which are delicious... but nothing compares to the bananna pudding. If they shipped, I would definitely order it.
See what I mean? It was Reese's virgin experience at Magnolia's and look, complete ectasy.
Don't care how many calories are in that stuff... I would eat it everyday if I could.
So happy to be there!
The next morning, we walked down the street and decided to stop by this bakery... Only after we went inside did we realise we were at a place we'd see on the Food Network. The Levain Bakery is this tiny little hole in the wall that you probably would just walk past. They make the lightest, fluffiest muffins that are absolutely divine. It's definately not your costco heavy/feel like i've just eaten an entire loaf of bread type muffin. Then they also make these cookies. Holy smokes. Please just take a look... http://www.levainbakery.com/
Clearly not ready for the picture. Reese and I walked around Central Park for a bit. It wasn't too cold, and a beautiful day!
Check my handsome man. Mmmhmm!
Pretty, pretty.
The Met!
"Give me food!!!!"
He was a bit frustrated and hungry after waiting 1+ hour to eat lunch at Serendipitys.
The actual food isn't too much to brag about. The only reasons you come to Serendipity's is because of the movie, and the frozen hot chocolate...
I am pretty sure I hogged most of it...
Told ya!
Construction of the massive Christmas tree.
I don't iceskate, but it was fun watching all the people!
Free hugs on our way back to the bus... how kind!
But we had to stop by Fashion Ave before we headed back to DC!



So although we were only in New York for 28 odd hours or so, it was still a great trip. We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Nades said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! i am going to NewYork for a weekend! Cant wait to see all the sights!

Rustino Scar said...

thanks for the invite, and i'm glad you guys were able to make it up for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...