21 January, 2010

Zumba

So Zumba is fun, right? Well when I went on Tuesday thats all I thought. I didn't feel like I got the one hours worth of work-out that I usually do doing my own routine with the cardio machine and weights. I went to gym tonight thinking I was going to a kick-boxing class (like the schedule said), but they landed up cancelling it and doing Zumba instead. I could either go upstairs and wait for a cardio machine since thursday's are cardio days OR I could dance around for an hour. I chose to stay in the class, but this time since I kind of knew what to expect from the instructor, it kicked my bum! I actually felt like I was burning something, so it was a sucessful night.
Wait... I actually have one complaint... The aerobics room at 24 Hour is weird. It's got this random beam that pretty much seperates the room in two, and the instructor can only be on one side at a time because of this beam and thats annoying, because its a choc-a-block class. So you land up bouncing around half the time trying to see what the lady is doing. Oh, and common courtesy says give other zumbians (i just made that up) their space. At least breathing room you know? Some dummy girl (childish, i know) I guess couldn't see the instructor so moved right behind/next to me... so close I could feel her breath, and just continued trying to dance around normally. HELLO? Did she not realize me and all my tallness was right there? Flip, it made me madder than it should of. So I look at her, and she does nothing. So I move to another spot, when everything inside me wanted to punch her. But all I could muster up was my "Courtney look" as Reese calls it. Then of course I couldn't see the instructor. But you know if she wanted a good spot, she should have got there early like I did. Ugh, it just made me so cross. I told Reese if she does it next time I am actually gonna say something. And no, I would never actually punch someone. But it doesn't mean I didn't think about it. Ok, that was two complaints. Other than that though, sucessful calorie burning night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...