Disclaimer: Venting
Why can't money grow on tree's? Really. I wouldn't complain if it did. I feel like Reese and I have to constantly worry about what we are buying, and since we've been here in Utah it's only been food. We try use coupons, only shop on days were there are student discounts, and when we go out to eat... we use out starving student cards so the meal usually lands up costing $5 for the both of us! I have only been working for about a month now, and have figured out that an entire paycheck goes to rent, and the other one covers our groceries. We definirely wont have any savings when we leave Utah. We try and find fun free things to do, because $20 to go see a movie is just not going to happen. I know Reese would love to get new basketball shoes, but thats not going to happen anytime soon, and my hairdryer pretty much pooped out on me this morning and there is no way I am spending $50 to get a new one. It's really quite ridiculous. My hair looks horrible, and I haven't gotten a manicure/pedicure in over 6 months and I feel like rubbish. Only a few more months, and Reese will have graduated... hopefully get this job, and I will be back in school and working at 12 West.
Onto something positive... I am really greatful for my job! And for the fact that Reese and I can go to gym. I would die without it.
Oh- and I cleaned Gaga's bowl. I will post pictures just now.
1 day ago
2 comments:
Courtney...My mom and I enjoyed looking at your blog. Dan and I can relate to the "student days." We loved our starving student cards and used them ALL the time. Enjoy this time I promise you will look back and actually miss it!
Hi Courtney
I found your blog via Nadine's - we don't know each other well AT ALL, but I remember you from young women.
I just wanted to say that I've been married for 6 years now - and we were dirt poor when we first married. We stayed in a dodgy part of town (and you know how dodgy SA towns can be) and used to share a happy meal for a special treat (I would get the burger, he would get the fries and the toy). It was the best time of our lives - things are so much more complicated now!
Enjoy it while it lasts!! You will look back on it fondly one day ...
P.S. I think your blog is really funny!
Post a Comment