09 July, 2010

Divine Food

Food is so divine. I can't think of anything better than sitting somewhere, anywhere, eating good food.

Thanks to a friend, I discovered Lee Lee's Asian Shop last week. It should really be called everything international. We found SOOOO many great things there. Indian, Middle Eastern, African, Asian, North American, South American... the list of different foods go on! Here are some South African foods we found there:

Yes, it's my new favourite shop.


On to breakfast...
I love breakfast! And I love all types of breakfast... Ones full of good carbs/bad carbs, good fats/bad fats, lots and lots of sugar... I love them all. But, since I have been trying to be less of an elephant, this is my new favourite breakfast in the morning:

One cup of mixed fruit and 1/4 a cup of delicious greek yoghurt. Divine, divine, divine!


Next: Dessert
Of course dessert comes after breakfast. Come now people!
Anyone ever been to Magnolia Bakery in NYC? Well if you haven't, it has the most divine cupcakes and thats what has made it pretty famous. I do like the cupcakes a lot, but my favourite sweet dessert at Magnolia's is definitely the most DIVINE banana pudding I have ever eaten. So, I went on a mission to find the recipe and create said divine-ness. Guess what? It worked! Oh my word. People... You must try this simply divine recipe.

1 1/2 cup of water
2/3 cup of vanilla pudding mix
1 can of condensed milk
3 cups of heavy cream
1 box of vanilla wafers
4 ripe banana's - sliced

Blend water, pudding mix, and condensed milk together.
Refrigerate mix (you can keep it in the blender) for at least 2 hours.
Once pudding has set, whip the heavy cream till a soft peak forms.
Fold pudding into the cream.
In a trifle bowl layer wafers, sliced banana's, then pudding mixture.
Repeat till you've used all the pudding, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before devouring.

Divine!


You may thank me for sharing now!

P.S. I realize I said the word divine more 5 times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are divine! I am going to stalk your blog. PS: you should get more pictures of that cute little girl because SHE is divine!

Molly said...

Lee lee's is a gem. Glad you found it! I love that place! I haven't been in FOREVER.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...