When I was pregnant with my child I was so sick and stressed beyond words about everything and the one thing everyone kept telling me was to think of all those women from the “Stone Age”. They lived through pregnancy and child birth and both mother and child obviously ended up okay otherwise we wouldn’t have the world-wide population that we do now! But how? How did they get through those first few months when the only thing palatable for a once avid all-things-green-eater became graham crackers with cream cheese frosting topped with m&ms? How did they traverse across lands and seas when the only thing a once gym-twice-a-day-freak could do was become a tired, sleepy, lazy bum? One time my husband called out to me and asked if I could bring all the half drunken glasses of seltzer water, lemonade, chocolate milk, etc to the kitchen to put in the dishwasher. I lost it! It was as if he had asked me to climb Mt. Everest, kill a goat, skin it and cook it for dinner AS WELL AS make the plates to eat off of out of stone!!!! My well-tempered manners were gone, as well my sense of reality; I think they call that pregnancy brain. I was 8 weeks along… this was going to be a long 9 months!
So how did those women do it? During those 9+ months I often reflected on mother Eve and the kind of woman she must have been. How could she have known that partaking of the forbidden fruit would betroth her and all women to pass through the valley of the shadow of death to bring forth children? She made the most important mortal decision – talk about introspection! Her choice in the Garden of Eden brought to pass the ability for women to beget children, to be co-creators in bringing heaven’s choice spirits here to earth – the joy of our redemption.
I like to think that I would have survived pregnancy and child birth without the easily digestible processed food found in the canned/candy aisle; and considering the amazing husband that I have, he probably would’ve carried me if we had to walk across the plains. Still, one has to admire the vigor and perseverance of women, how they continue to ride the waves of this world with their heads held high – especially the ones from the “Stone Age”. The ones who survived obviously never shirked from the pains and pressures of life or gave in before her job was done. When it came down to that final push they didn’t give up… they did it! And since I am cast from those same fabulous feminine fibers… I CAN do it, and I DID do it, and so can you!
I'm C Blanche and how 'bout them stone-aged power houses!


No comments:
Post a Comment