21 October, 2010

It's Namaste, Not Wednesday

So I am a HUGE fan of Bikram Yoga. If I could afford to go all day, everyday, I would! Bikram Yoga is 26 yoga poses in a 105 degree fahrenheit room for 90 minutes. Each pose is held twice, once for 1 minute and again for 30 seconds.

When I first started practicing Bikram, Reese thought it was a joke! He would always say "how hard can it be to do yoga in a hot room?". Well lets just say I've gotten Reese to go with me twice in the last 2 1/2 years and both times he got his bum kicked!

After every class, you're left in the room for a few minutes in savasana and as the teacher is walking out the room he/she thanks you for letting him/her be part of your practice and ends his/her sentence with namaste. When I took Reese his first time to the class, he thought the teacher said "wednesday". See- I told you the class kicked his bum! In Bikram you sweat a lot. Like- every single inch of your body dripping in sweat. Its amazing! I looooooooove it!

Now, why should you punish yourself for 90-minutes?  Everytime I practice Bikram, everything in life is better.

I have more energy and my brain works better.

I am more flexible.

My skin glows (cheesy, but true).

I don't eat as much and I make healthier choices.

I drink tons more water.

I get curvier. Ok... not that curvy...

My muscles are more defined.

I get a great full-body workout.

I breath better.

I am more in balance with my body. Yes, I googled "in balance with your body" and this is what popped up!

I sleep like Cheyenne at night.


I don't have back pain.

I am an all around, happier person.



My Bikram Yoga dream is to become a teacher... As soon as I have $11,000 of spare cash laying around and don't mind leaving Reese for 2 months I will do it!

If you've never tried Bikram Yoga, you should do it! Anyone can try it and I bet you'll fall in love like I did!

Today is Thursday and hopefully I will have good news to blog about ove the weekend!

2 comments:

Candice said...

HAHA my goal in life is to sleep like Cheyenne! Book me for a session when I'm down there for the wedding, yo!

Anonymous said...

Oooo - could be a fun bach party workout besides the workout we did for Courtney's! And yes that was my favourite line too "my goal in life is to sleep like Cheyenne!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...