This is how Reese and I spent most of the day:
(Thank you, self-timer)
I know, I know. Lazy bums! But seriously... there was nothing else to do and the last thing I was going to do was climb back up San Cristobal Hill to swat bee's in the hot sun. When Reese and I went to go find somewhere to eat lunch even that was a struggle. There wasn't even an icecream shop open in sight! (Then you know everything is closed in Santiago) Finally, after 30-45 minutes of walking around, we found a bar open. Figures right? A bar doesn't exactly scream come to church. Anyways, the food was surprisingly good. Again I can't actually be too surprised since so far everything we have eaten here in Santiago has been divine. Wait- except for Tuesday night's dessert. We got creme brulee and it tasted like salmon. Not even joking or exaggerating. It tasted like they made the creme brulee and then before they put it in the oven or whatever, they put some salmon flavoured drops in it. Gross hey? But other than that everything has been quite tasty. Reese got a Chilean hotdog and I got spaghetti. And as usual the complimentary bread, butter, and salsa. I have left no carb, sugar, calorie, starch, oil, veggie, or fruit untouched (except for beans and olives- gross). You can tell in my face. My cheeks are melting over onto my lips. It's really attractive.
After lunch we went back to the hotel and assumed the day's position:
(Yup, it's the only picture I took of the day)
We did manage to go to gym. But I have a hard time really working out properly since I don't feel like walking or running since we do that most days, so the treadmill is out. And one can only be on the eliptical so long. Reese has figured out how to use the stationary bike as a weight, but it's too heavy for me. So I stand there lifting the water bottle up and down untill I get bored.
The rest of the day was spent watching TV, reading, and playing online. Luckily it seemed that a few restaurants decided to open up for dinner, so we were able to eat. Not that I needed it. We could have gotten dessert from the restaurant, but deemed it unnecessary since we have successfully gotten dessert at least once (if not twice) a day since we've been in Santiago.
Hopefully day 9 will be a little more entertaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment