07 December, 2010

Happy Chilean Birthday Husband: Day 6

How ironic that day 6 in Chile fell on the 6th of December and that is my sweeties birthday! Reese turned the big 2-5 on Monday. Unfortunately he actually had to go to work that day, so the day wasn't too eventful. Luckily he didn't have to go in till 1pm, so we were able to sleep in and go to breakfast. After breakfast we went to gym, and then came back to the hotel to relax and give him his prezzie. I have to say it wasn't the most original gift. But you have to understand Reese is really hard to shop for. I can't buy him clothes because he's way too picky. And then there was the whole space issue with bringing something from the States. I remembered from my birthday, when he bought me that beautiful watch, he said he wanted to get a stainless steel watch sometime to wear to work. So that was what I decided to get him. It was small, and it only took me about 6 hours to decide on the perfect watch. Yeah, I suppose I copied him a bit lot... but the point was for him to actually like what I got him and not return it right??? Well I was successful! And you have no idea how good that felt. You know, to give a good gift and to make someone you love so much happy! Oh and I made the biggest mistake first thing Monday morning. Reese made a stinker... and usually I say "sies man Reese, that is so gross. Why can't you leave the room and do it..." Anyways, after he did that after a few seconds I said "only because it's your birthday". Bad idea! After that, everytime Reese did something like make a stinker or do something inappropriate he would say "it's my birthday!" At one point he punched me in the arm and said those famous 3 words... What a clown!

Reese had to work till about 6pm, so as soon as he got home, we went straight to dinner!

Pictures courtesy of the self-timer. I completely forgot camera's have those! Doesn't Reese look absolutely fantastic? My fat-face courtesy of Chilean bread and icecream.

Reese refusing to smile. "Courts, no more pictures!"

We went to a beautiful Spanish restaurant for dinner. The great thing about Chileans eating so late is when Reese and I go to dinner, the restaurants are practically empty. So we always get the best tables and great service! I can't remember the name of the place and neither can Reese.

My attempt to get Reese to smile nicely for a picture. Third times a charm!
 My handsome man!
 Me

For starters, we each got soup. I got a veggie soup which was absolutely divine. I know it looks green and gross, but it was actually really good!

Reese got a mussel and clam soup. I don't care for fishy soups, but it was actually really good!

I let the birthday boy pick our main course. He chose a really nice Spanish rice dish, called Paella. It had pieces of fish, calamari, pork, chicken, mussels, and clams. It was really good and fresh!


My favourite part of the meal... The baby calamari! Delish!

Of course how could we not end the night with icecream? I promise you, I have never been to a place that loves icecream more than Santiago does. All they need is a coldstone and I can move right in! We went to Reese's favourite icecream place right by our hotel. Icecream and seltzer water to end off a lovely evening.




2 comments:

Jo said...

It does seem that other countries appreciate their ice cream a little more than we do. That's how it was in Europe too (only probably more expensive). Glad you are enjoying it!!

Anonymous said...

I plan on stealing that shirt when you get back, FYI! And I looooove seltzer wawa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...