Tessa and I have been friends forevvvvvvvver. And when I say forever, I mean our entire lives.
Anyways, she got married a few weeks ago and I got to go to Calgary, Canada to be part of the celebration! I absolutely loved Calgary- so beautiful I am already planning a trip there the end of July next year with Reesey. Aunty Kim and Mindy.... start planning. No sleep and tons of food/fun please!
- - - - - - - - -
My Aunty Kim had everything planned and organized for the wedding preparations. Tessy wanted a garden feel inside the hall for the reception and thats exactly what she got. Everything looked so beautiful! She did such a wonderful job and thought out every little detail. From flowers to fountains, little garden turtles to hidden butterflies in the trees.
Tessy looked so beautiful and I finally got to meet her husband in the sealing room. It was beautiful and the sealer did a great job. I also got to meet Mindy's husband, Danny, for the first time and he is quite the character! Really cool- I can totally see why Mindy picked him! Especially since he thinks that balloons that are let in the sky kill a fairy each time. Isn't it a whale? Who knows! They're still looking like Bella meets Edward.... Oh, and I got to see my Uncle Gavin again for the first time in about 12 years and that was a treat in itself. He hadn't changed a bit. Only this time I am pretty much the same height as him. And he still tried to convince me that raisins were actually dried flies... ha ha
So onto the pictures!
Jeremy's Family:
Tessa asking Jeremy why he's picking his ear...
And that's my Uncle Gav with the happy couple. He is so cool, Tessy is so lucky to have him as a Dad!
And the Hulbert Clan with a few extras:
I think this was the picture I told Danny to get out of... Woops! :)
And moving on to the wedding party. We're all looking happy as clams here...
Much better...
It was rather windy that day. And hot! Can you believe Canada actually gets hot? Who knew!
Love this pic!
Like I said, it was windy!
Ok, I just need to point out a few things in this picture below. Tess, she looks beautiful right. See that guy with the shoulder bag? He was the actual photographer. See that lady with the hair next to him? She was pretend photographer. See the problem? One too many photographers.... Drove us all (or maybe just me?) NUTS!
This picture is courtesy of Edward:
And I absolutely love this picture of us! Mindy, we are looking gooooood!
Wind:
And can I just state something? It looks like I am quite tall, but that is not the case! All these people are just extremely short!!!
Showing off our sexy legs:
Hulbert siblings: Mindy, Tessy, Wayne
The Cardston Temple is so, so beautiful! I love these side views!
So beautiful!
The reception was so fun and the food was soooo great! Aunty Kim made delicious South African bobotie, Mindy made bite sized melkterts, and Tarina and Rene made some yummy stews and did a great job setting up the food/serving it!
Tessy and Uncle Gav dancing:
Dancing bride/groom with their parents:
There is my beautiful Aunty Kim with Jeremy:
Don't you love her dress?
Danny whisking Mindy around the dance floor:
So cute! Did I mention Reese wasn't there so I just had to watch all these people?
Tess and Jeremy's first dance:
Listening to speeches with Mindy! We did awesome jobs on ours and most certainly didn't cry at all!
Cutting their massive cake!
The bouquet toss:
And the garter toss:
Woo woo! We won't talk about their after party plans...
Thats Wayne, the brother AND the DJ! He is really, really talented! And next to him is his beautiful friend, Caitlyn.
And thats it! Unfortunately I had to leave really, really early the next morning to come home and pack for Peru (a whole other post coming soon) but Calgary came and went way too quickly. It's such a beautiful place filled with delicious food I can't wait to go back and eat and see, like maple donuts and Banff. This time, with Reese and all my favourite South African-Canadians!
5 comments:
Looks like everyone had a great time. You all looked so beautiful!
If you want a few other places to visit besides Banff, let me know. I lived there for a year and all of my in-laws live there.
Calgary is absolutely beautiful! I miss living there!!!!
Of course, you look gorgeous, and I LOVE Tessa's dress!
What a stunning dress !
I love her dress!! It is gorgeous. And Corts, you are tall. ;-)
Post a Comment