07 December, 2012

Ryder's Blessing Day

The 14th of October was a wonderful day! Ryder was 6 weeks old and it seemed like the perfect time to bless him. We didn't want to do it too close to Thanksgiving, and things get so crazy during the holidays so October it was! All the family from out of town came for the weekend. Minus the fact that I was a pumping cow during that time (hadn't discovered Ryder's tongue tie yet), it was a great weekend. 

Reese gave Ryder a beautiful blessing. I know you're not supposed to record blessing, but I did! Whoops. Then our ward actually gave us a recording of the entire meeting. So that was cool! 

Here is one of the things Reese said that I loved (of course I loved the whole thing):
 "Ryder we bless you at this time that you will be able to forge a strong relationship with your Heavenly Father and be able to pray to him often."

Ryder also got to wear Reese's blessing outfit, so that was really special. So grateful Triana held onto such a special little outfit!

Me and the Squish:

Our little family:

Cousins (Cheyennie, Payton, and baby Ashlynn)

Cute little people:

Ryder was really mad if you couldn't tell...

Baby Ryder and Cheyenne:

My handsome husband and prince!

The Semanek Boys (and back in the day when squish would take a dummy):

Trying to get a 3 generation picture proved to be difficult as the prince wanted to nap (how rude) and wasn't cooperating!

The Semanek's: Wyatt, Triana, Reese, Ryder, myself, and Jon

The Howden's: Matilda (his given name is Matthew), Carissa, Corryn, Reese, Ryder, yours truly, Cansas (as the big triplets call her), and Michelle (or Michael I suppose). Speaking of my brothers (who I refer to as Matilda and Michelle), I have a funny story. Or at least I think it's hilarious. When we were younger, I dressed Michael (the tall blonde one) up as a girl. Now I didn't just put some girly clothes on him. I put make-up on him, false nails, high heels, a bra WITH socks, and since his hair was on the longish side I did that too (I love all things girly). He really looked like a girl. It was impressive! This is the funny part... Matty came into the house and saw Michael sitting on the couch. Now in Matthew's defense (sort of) he didn't have a view of Michael's face. Anyways, he proceeds to whisper to me "Hey Courtney, whose your hot friend?!". HA! Then Michael turned around and Matthew screamed in horror. It was great. Then my mom came home and I was grounded. But it was worth it! Cool story, I know. :)

The South African gang:

The whole gang:

Ah... my boys!

The Prince and I:

Son, Mom, Oumi, and Nee-nee

I just love how much these two love each other. I need to get video of them seeing each other for the first time after a few weeks apart. It is both amazing and hilarious. 

It was really a perfect day! I am so grateful Reese was worthy to bless Ryder and for all the support from our friends and family. Love my family! 

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Absolutely precious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...