Reese got a new job, so in an effort to utilize some of his PTO from his old job we took a last minute trip to Huntington Beach, CA. So much fun was had!
The lights of Palm Desert greeting us!
We decided to drive half way through on Friday night and spend the night at Joan's house (Dylan's mom- whom Ryder will know as Aunty Joan). She was so kind enough to let us spend the night and even had us sleep in her room!
We got to bed around midnight and around 4AM the Prince had other plans. Plans that involved not sleeping and rather playing. So in order to keep myself awake during his shenanigans, we played the nakey game (I undress him, he has naked bum play time, and then I redress him). Hence the naked child in my hands while it's clearly still dark.
Reese is not a morning person...
He child is though!
This is possibly the best picture taken, ever. It's taken at some freakishly early time in the morning, the Prince is naked on a cellphone, and his dad is sleeping. If I took a picture every time we were in this situation it would be the only pictures on this blog. :)
Ready to go hit the local IHOP in his fancy pants.
So far, our trip had a lot of first for mister Ryder. His first trip to California, his first time going to Aunty Joans house, and his FIRST TIME MEETING AN ANIMAL. A cat would not have been my first choice... but these cats were actually nice and not scary (I'm terrified of cats). They actually reminded me of dogs. In any case, they were very sweet with Ryder. I am not sure he knew exactly what he was touching but he enjoyed them. And although Reese is allergic to cats, Ryder didn't seem to have any problems so that was great!
Joan was so sweet. We not only slept in her room and made her make us her famous cookies, she also insisted on taking us out to breakfast... and whats better than IHOP? :)
The Prince loving his Aunty Joan.
After breakfast we headed out the outlets at Palm Springs to do some work-clothes shopping for Reese. It was fun... lots of tour buses full of Asians.
Ryder did great on all the few hour stretches in the car. Once we finally got to the hotel though, he had had enough of his carseat. I should of taken a before picture in his carseat. Just picture a red, scrunched up, screaming baby face. Here is his out of the carseat face:
A few hours later, my brother Dylan arrived in Huntington (his old stomping grounds) from LA to have dinner with us. Of course I have ZERO pictures of our night out because I am an idiot. But thats ok. I have this gem of the Prince in his carseat again... hating life.
Every time we go somewhere overnight I bring the pack-n-play but somehow this little man lands up in our bed. Reese really loves it when he does...
Since we spent so much time in the car on Friday and Saturday we opted against using a car at all on Sunday and decided to walk to the beach and then go for a run on the boardwalk. Lets just say we got LOTS of exercise on Sunday.... like over 10 miles worth.
The start of our 2 mile walk to the beach:
By the time we left the Hotel it was nap time so that worked out perfectly!
It was a beautiful day!
Ryder has really taken a liking to Sophie, the French Giraffe.
And we made it to the beach!
The start of our run...
Love, love, love!!!
OF COURSE I had to make a picture stop at this surf board.
just over 2 miles into our run, the Prince needed boob.
So thats what he got!
After he got his fill, we ran back to the pier and Ryder had another big first.... First time on the beach and first time touching the ocean!
He loved it! The blanket is on his head because of a major mom-fail on my part... I forgot his hat!
He wasn't interested in being part of the family photo...
I'll have to post the video we got of him touching the ocean water one of these days. It was funny/sad as the water was freezing and he of course didn't know what to expect.
Getting ready to feeling the water... he hated it because it was FREEEEEZZZZIIINNNGGG!!!
Our first (good) family photo on the beach!
This was post traumatic ocean water experience.
Cute, chubby, sandy feet.
Daddy apologizing to son for the freezing water.
Happy again to be on warm sand!
A music class in the middle of the steps. The lady in green was using her body to make the music. Very interesting.
A gorgeous day!
A man pushing a pram... doesn't get much better than that! :)
The BOB lived up to all my expectations this trip. It was of course awesome just on the streets, but also fared well on the beach and was small enough to maneuver through the little trinket shops. Ryder was also always comfortable and it kept the sun out.
Posing with my BOB...
Sunday night we were pooped. Like I said, it was a 10+ mile kinda day. 4 of which we actually ran (obviously thats a big deal for me).... who can't run to save her life and has ZERO endurance.
Prince felt great though and decided he wanted to be up a few times.... I think these were at 2 or 3AM.
How can you say no to that face?
Or that face?
My favourite face anywhere from 7PM to 7AM.... Now if I could just get that face ^^^^ to do this face from those times.
More naked baby time.
He LOVES his camelback.
Before we left on Monday we made our way to Seal Beach to walk around for a bit.
Trying to get these two to smile at the same time was like pulling teeth...
This is out of order but another sleeping daddy/wide awake baby picture!
After lunch getting ready to drive the 6 hours home!
The tongue thing is clearly hereditary... see pictures below:
a)
b)
c)
We had such a great trip and can't wait till the next adventure!














































3 comments:
I love that tongue thing. I was going to comment that it must be hereditary after the first one up above.
And I am AMAZED that you stayed with cats. Are you sick? That is not something I can EVER imagine you doing.
I think I was sick because I can't believe it either! :)
I think you need a special blog just for Ryders nightly shenanigans, ha! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment