22 July, 2010

1st Anniversary Trip Day Two

After waking up from the best sleep ever in our suite, we got ready for the day.
Our shower was most luxurious, as you can tell. And need I mention that he is crouching in this picture... Yes, the perfect shower for anyone 5' and under.
We spent our first full day in California at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Talk about busy, hot, and humid!
I was lucky enough to run into Wonder Woman. You see... anyone who can walk around in tights, boots, and a leotard in the middle of summer and still look good deserves a churro and to be put on my blog.
Six Flags was quite busy, so spent a lot of time hanging out in the lines sweating and people watching. Fun hey?
We watched a dare devil show which was quite cool. The last place you'll find me is in a cage with two motorcross dudes spinning around me...
At the end of our day, we ran into Batman and Wonder Woman again. This time, she still looked good and I was the one holding a churro... You do the math...
After spending $30 on not so lekker hamburgers from the park for lunch, we decided not to stay for dinner and find some authentic Asian food. And let me tell you, we hit the jackpot! In a little dodgy looking strip mall we saw a Korea BBQ Restaurant. Reese thought we should just go in, see how busy it is, and check out the menu. So in walk Reese and I, two blonde white people, and the place is full of Korean's that just turn and stare. Awkward! And so we decided it would be the perfect place to eat. From past experience, any restaurant that is like this one we found is a good one to try. Does that make sense? Good, thought so.

We ordered the Korean BBQ with vegetables cooked and served in a hot stone pot. It looked and smelt divine! There is an uncooked egg yoke in the middle of the dish, because when you get your food you are supposed to mix it up with the rice and thats what makes the meat, veggies, and rice stick together. Cool ne?
On top of all the veggies we already had in our bowls, they gave us even more to throw in!  Pickled cucumbers are the best.
So we added the extra vegetables, mixed up our food, oogled over it for a bit, and then started to attempt to eat it. Two spoonfulls and 10 minutes later Reese and I are still blowing on the food to try get it to cool down in a stone pot that had been sitting in the fire. Can you say idiots? When the server originally brought out our food, he also set down two extra white plates. Those plates sat idol and foodless untill my brain decided to start working again.
After dinner we went to Ben and Jerry's to get some yummy icecream. It wasn't coldstone, but thats ok! It was still good, and when I don't eat coldstone icecream I don't eat a lot so thats a plus too!
Then it was back to the resort where we went swimming untill dodgy people decided to join us. At a resort? I mean... Come on!

Stay tuned for day three!

2 comments:

Women in Business said...

You are so funny Courtney..... you make life interesting.... and i love that you love food.... excepting that `I am absolutely starving now, it's 11pm, freezing and I am definitely not getting up to get something to eat now..... so what now?? can't wait to read more

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

hey courtney, it's brianna b. from elementary school, lol. i just saw your facebook status so i thought i'd say hello, i just started my blog. looks like you had fun in california :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...