Happy Birthday to me and my dark hair! The greatest day ever created, the 6th of October. I am pretty sure in the pre-existance I knew what a great day the 6th of Oct was going to be and that is why I picked it!
In honour of this birthday blog I was going to post a baby picture of myself. My parents clearly don't recognize the importance of my birth because I couldn't find any baby pictures of myself. All I could find was a picture of this homeless child in a school uniform whose birthday isn't even in October. Its in April. Disgust!
Anyways, last wednesday was my day of birth and it was a fantastic day! I started my day by going to gym because I knew the amount of calories I would consume throughout the day would be significant. Then I went shopping, got a mani/pedicure with my mom, and then went home to meet Reese for an early start to the date he planned.
On our way to dinner!
Ah ha! What a clever husband I have! Last year for my birthday he took me to the most divine restaurant in DC and I always reminisce about it. Turns out there is one in Scottsdale, so he surprised me by taking me to M&S Grill again for my 22nd.
Reese and I in DC on 06/10/2009
Reese and I in Scottsdale, AZ on 06/10/2010
Since the its a seafood grill, the menu changes daily. Reese called ahead told them it was my birthday when he made the reservations. Cool ne? But don't be fooled, something simple like that did make me squeal!
Me feeling so cool that my name is on the menu in celebration of my birth.
For starters we shared the most divine calamari I have ever eaten. The calamari was fresh and the breading was so light, delicious, and garlicy. Then it was paired with sweet yellow peppers. OH MY WORD. Everybody go try it this weekend, I promise you will not be let down. Unless you hate calamari, then thats your problem!
I ordered the Chef's special- Wild Hawaiian Ono with a thai sweet pepper sauce and grilled veggies. So so good!
Reese got the Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi with veggies.
Oh, and before I talk about the curtain. If and when (because you should) go to M&S Grill, you must get them to make you a cranberry lemonade. You're going to pay $3 for the glass but it is so worth it! Reese and I have tried making out own version at home...fresh and all... and it still doesn't compare. So delicious!
Anyways, on top of how amazing the food and atmosphere the restaurant supplies... Once they serve you your food, the server closes a curtain and you have complete privacy. Looove it!
And to end off our fabulous dinner, a chocolate mousse covered in a dark chocolate shell with fresh fruit and a raspberry sauce. Yum!
After dinner and dessert, Reese took me to see The Social Network.
If you've read the reviews or seen the previews, or seen the movie... Then you know how great it is! It was a relatively long movie but very interesting and VERY well put together. The only actress I had a problem with in the movie was a disney channel star (who is still one...hmmm) who played a slutty groupie. Not impressed, Brenda Song!
Does this remind us of another unfortunate disney star???
What is the world coming to? Next thing you know, my sister will be calling her daughter "snookie" after the reality tv star from Jersey Shore...
I dont see any resemblance!
Anyways, back to all about me. I came home to lots new clothes...
A new cookbook
Lots of cards, facebook messages, and phone calls
Loads of pictures of my favourite 8-month old niece (she either loves me lots, or loves herself more?)
This is by far my favourite photo out of the bunch. Look at those massive cheeks, with the massive bow, with the facial expression, with the prison crib in the backround... Hilarious!
Now my most favourite present (don't be offended- Reese's presents will always be my favourite)
I squealed!
Then I saw it and squealed again. Reese was on his own this birthday. Usually I give him a long list of things I want and he chooses something off the list. This time I told him I didn't know and to buy me whatever he wanted. Or not buy me something... Whatever he wanted to do! Well did he deliver or what? Please be jealous.
Its AMAZING!!!! I love it so much. It's so beautiful and stunning and gorgeous.
So now for the first time ever in public, I would like to introduce you all to my rich hand. Yes, my rich hand. I've told Reese when I am wearing my wedding ring and my fancy watch I cannot do anything with my left hand other than show it off. It's just too rich people. (Candice, my rich hand is better than yours!)
Along with an amazing date and birthday gift, Reese continued his tradition of giving me A4 paper love letters. Melts my heart everytime! I just love him to bits!!!
So to continue my birthday week (because you know the entire month is mine...) I made some South African pudding. It's called Peppermint Crisp Tart and you can get the recipe there. Well it turned out amazing because I had tennis biscuits and peppermint crisps.
It was so delicious. I probably ate most of it! The only problem with this whole baking/cooking thing I have had going on, I am starting to look like I eat a lot of condensed milk or something. (Which may or may not be completely false... condensed milk is addicting)
Payton came birthday shopping with me once this week and we found this toddler recliner for him. All he needs is a rootbeer, popcorn, and a Wiggles DVD.
On a random note... my brother-in-law, Wyatt, is serving a mission in Peru. Look at this picture he sent this week? I think both their faces speak for themselves. I love it!
Stay tunned for a Halloween what-to-wear!









5 comments:
Happy birthday again Courtney. I am glad that you were so spoiled.
I love that Reesie signs his L/L his full name. haha! The snookie is definitely going to out-dress you for Halloween, Lady!
Courtney...omg...I can't get enough of that pic of Carissa!!! I'm dying over here laghing, thank you so much for sharing! Also, I'm glad you went back to your Pocahontas hair, looks beautiufl!! I will now always remember your birthday cause that is the day I got engaged to Mr. Jeffrey!! I'm sure I will be seeing you soon with all this wedding planning we have to do for Carissa!! Hope you are well! :)
Ha ha ha! Your posts are the best!
thanks guys! molly- add me to your blog list! courtneyhowden(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment