04 November, 2010

October In Review

I have been so busy being a desperate housewife, I have only found time to bloog now! Sheesh- who would have thought one could become so busy.

Anyways, remember when I made peppermint crisp tart? Well, I still had some tennis biscuits left, so I thought I would make it again! I went to World Market to see if they had some South African peppermint crisp, but unfortunately they didn't. So I substituted peppermint crisp for a crunchie bar and cadbury's milk chocolate. It turned out quite delicious. I mean- anything with caramelized condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, delicious tennis biscuits, and SA chocolate will turn out divine!

 For Sunday dinner, we are usually prepared and get what we need the day before. A couple Sunday's ago we didn't prepare so we had to whip tgoether something with ingredients that we already had. So my mom and I made some delicious feta and spinach stuffed chicken. Or is it stuffed chicken with feta and spinach? Hmm... Anyways, it turned out divine. I made it again this passed week but made a light cheese sauce to go on top. YUM!

All you need is fresh or frozen spinach, fresh garlic, grated onion, and fresh feta cheese. Mix all those ingredients together, pound out the chicken so it stretches out and then add the spinach/feta mix. Close up the chicken with a toothpick and cook for 25-30 minutes. And there you have it, yummy chicken!


 We tried to make the dinner nice, so Reese got some of the martinelli's out of the pantry. Turns out it was vrot vrot vrot. So that was gross.
 Reese has been quite the kid person lately. Payton absolutely LOVES Uncle Reese.
 Child 1: I know it might look like payton is crying, but he really isn't. That face is pure joy!
 Child 2: Reading the night away with little miss Sadie! Melts your heart, doesn't it?
 We were so excited to see the Ray's a couple weeks ago. They came for Andy's brothers wedding. It had been about a year since we saw Andy and 6 months since we saw Hillery and Sadie- so Reese and I were quite excited. I am sad I didn't get more pictures. I am so excited- Hillery is due in a couple weeks (even though she doesn't look like it) with a baby boy! Payton will have to share the favourite-ism with another little boy!

While Sadie was over, we got to dance, read, sing, and paint our nails!
 What a gorgeous girl!
 I am aware this picture is over-exposed. You see, were were in the car driving to Matt and Ruby's reception and it was either an over-exposed picture or nothing.
 Now we are moving to the end of October. My brother Michael is on the swim team at Dobson. Every year they have a "shave party" where they shave everything. Head, arms, legs. He came home that night with hair like this:
Model Pose
 I guess one of the girls on the swim team tried to shave her initials in the side of his head, messed up, and then decided to completely clean the mess-up by using 0 on the shaver.
 Yes, that is supposed to be a lightening bolt.
 Of course, the mohawk he tried to achieve flopped. And yes, it looks like my brother is sporting a rats tail.
 A close up on the lightening bolt.
 Later that night he heard the garage door start opening. I hear Michael race up the stairs. He knocks on my door and says "whatever you do, don't tell mom what I did to my hair". Then runs to his bedroom, turns off the light, and pretended to be asleep. Like she wouldn't notice in the morning??? Ha ha! Oh boys will be boys I guess!
 Last Saturday was Payton's big 1st birthday! It was so fun! Liisa did such a great job. You can check the professional pics here.
 Look at his little red nose! He was sick that day, but still put on quite the show for all us guests!
 I videoed Payton eating his giant cupcake and you can... and should... watch it here!




 Present time!
 Daddy Jeremy and the birthday boy!
 "Kisses"
 So I should probably just tell you all now instead of waiting till the end of the post. Reese and I didn't dress up or do anything for Halloween. I know, I know. One of my favourite holidays and I didn't even dress up! You see, Reese had the opportunity to meet his dad in San Francisco for the World Series. Jon and Reese got to go to game 2. They had an amazing time, and the Giants put on a show killing the Rangers 9-0.



 Reese only got home Saturday night, and the Giants were playing game 3, so we decided to just hang out and watch the game. Reese bought me my first Giants shirt. I looove it! Especially since Buster Posey's name and number is on the back.

 We did have a super hero come visit us that night! I'd like to introduce you all to Jack-Jack. The smallest member of the Incredible Family!

It looks like he's trying to combust into flames!
 Jack-Jack and a Giants fan!
 Isn't he just the cutest?
 Getting ready to fly...
 Showing everyone his walking skills.

 Check those two tiny front teeth! They may be small, but they certainly can do damage on your arm...
 Jack-Jack with his mask on.
 When I look at this picture, I see Taylor from the nose up and Sharp from the nose down...
 Such a happy 1 year old!

 Jack-Jack trying to destroy Uncle Reese... Step 1: pin him down.
 Step 2: Flip over while sticking right elbow into Uncle Reesey's ribs.
 Step 3: Try to bite off face.
 Step 4: Handcuff and wait for back-up.

And that was my October in review. Here is to a fabulous November!

3 comments:

Jo said...

That was a fabulous review. And I think I might need to try that chicken. And I need the recipie for that peppermint crisp tart thingy...

Candice said...

LOOOOOOOOOOve the pics!
sincerely,
anonymous

Hillery said...

After the World Series (or as Sadie calls it World Serious), you totally deserve to get Lady Gaga tickets! And good ones. Is she on tour now? Our friends had good Halloween costumes this year - Lady Gaga and Alejandro (he was just dressed up like a Mexican).

If you come to Kentucky for Christmas, I am making you cook up South African food. It looks delicious!

That pic of Reese and Sadie is adorable. I swiped it off your blog. Hope you don't mind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...