The big Christmas tree in the middle of the mall. Father Christmas was below taking pictures with the kids.
After the mall, we walked to the closest metro to go to a dodgy part of town to look for leather boots. We were told this was were you could find really nice boots and other leather goods for super cheap. With walking and riding the metro it took us about 2 hours to get the street of shops. You can imagine my disappointment when we came up empty. There was nothing, absolutely nothing even close to what I wanted. I felt like we had wasted the whole day and felt bad that I had dragged Reese along. I was so cross! And it was hot and really windy and I was just so frustrated to the point of wanting to shave all my hair off so it would stop blowing in my face. Wasn't pleasant. So we made our way back with nothing. When we finally got back to Los Condes it was already passed 6. We decided to try out a hamburger place near our hotel called Mr. Jack. Reese and I both got the Mr. Jack cheeseburger with a Chilean bbq-type sauce, bacon, cheese, and caramelized onions. Oh, it was divine. And I have to say that I love the Canada Dry Ginger Ale here. Its really strong, and very similar to South African Ginger Beer. I love the burn down my throat! Weird- I think not!!! So although I'm not a huge fizzy-drinker, I make an exception for the ginger ale.
The delicious Mr. Jack burger. Looks really good and unhealthy huh?
We decided on no dessert. It was a hard decision, but we wanted to get back to the hotel and lay down stat! Plus we were leaving for Valparaiso early the next morning! Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment