I was really impressed with the bus ride. The seats reclined almost all the way back and on top of the bus driver, there was also an assistant who gave you a blanket if you were cold, or helped you if you needed assistance. What can I say? It doesn't take a lot to impress me I guess!
Us on the bus!
I brought this book along to read. I didn't land up reading too much of it since we slept most of the way there. By the time we leave, I will have read almost 5 books. It's been so great to be able to just read and read to my hearts content the last 2 weeks! This particular book is about Holocaust survivers in a transitional camp. Most of them are trying to get to Israel, but are unsuccessful because they don't have any papers! Its mostly about a group of girls and their struggles in the camp. Good book so far!
Just some shots taken from the bus:
And there is our lovely bus attendant:
First shots of Valpariso:
And as soon as we walked out of the "terminal" we were greeted by a bunch of rubbish. Yeah, I can't say I am surprised. We walked through a lot of dirty-ness in Santiago. Why should a beach city be any different. At at least the rubbish is all next to the rubbish bin. Could be worse- could be all over the street instead!
Isn't this the tiniest kombi you've ever seen? I was taller than the car!
Just some Chilean architecture, who knows what of!
Yeahhhh buddy!!! The ocean... It's been too long!
We met up with one of reese's mission buddies who lives in Chile. Him and his wife were visiting some family in Vina del Mar, so we got to spend the day with them! They didn't know what this building was, except that the city wasn't allowed to demolish the outside of the smaller building, so they just built the new building inside of it. Pretty cool, pretty weird!
Beautiful clear, blue skies!
This monument is in honour of the Chilean and Peruvian men who came together to fight off the Bolivian's. Over what? Land of course!
A kid's futbol game going on in the middle of the city.
More of the monument:
Reese's mission buddy, Alex and his cute wife Laura.
More of the soccer game. I'm hating blogger right now, all the pictures are out of order and it's just being stupid.
I am not sure what to call this... the dock? You could take a taxi boat around the harbour and see all the big boats. Thats really about it. No cool rocks or anything. Just the freezing Pacific. So we opted-out of taking a taxi around.
I wonder if this boat would take us to see Wyatt?
Trying to get a decent picture!
Such a good picture of us and a bunch of random bums. And I don't mean the homeless kind...
Look at the lovely shanty town behind the robot!
Chilean street art:
The tram that took us to the top of the hill to the Navy Museum.
Views of Valpariso from the tram:
View of the whole city:
The flee market on top of the hill:
And right on top of the hill, the Navy Museum. I have to say at this point I was ready to eat the leaves off the tree's. Reese and I were able to grab a little bit of fruit before we left Santiago, but that was at 6am. It was past 1pm at this point and I was hungry! We also thought we'd have a car, but we didn't. So we were walking around on empty belly's.
Capitan Reese at the wheel!
We really had no idea about the history of the Museum. Reese and I were both hungry and just not that interested. Plus it was all in Spanish, so I basically just took pictures of whatever I thought was cool.
Some random men! Did you know Chilean women don't seem to shave their legs? So I actually fit in quite well most of the time! :) Poor reese!
And a map:
Some more cool stuff from the Museum:
Reese trying to get on my nerves since I was relatively crabby from being starved to death!
Posing by the canon:
Our hungry faces? I think at this point we were starting to get delirious!
The 4 of us!
What happens when children are left unsupervised.... They play on 200 year old stuff.
And may I introduce the many faces of Reese:
Trying to ignore the hunger pains by playing in the kiddie section...
And on our way out, the beautiful Chilean flag. Pretty sure Reese and I would have eaten it if it was in reach.
Stay tuned for part dos!
1 comment:
I've just had breakfast and I feel hungry for you! Looks beautiful though :)
Post a Comment