14 December, 2010

Exploring Valpariso and Vina del Mar: Day 11 Part Dos

We decided to walk back down the hill instead of wait in line for the tram. As soon as we made it down, Reese goes "oh wow that is stunnning"...
Photobucket

Beautiful isn't it?
Photobucket

Reese posing by more Chilean wall art:
Photobucket

I have to say I was not impressed with Valpariso. It was really dirty and not all the pretty.
Photobucket

I found sprite flavoured gum at one of the shops. It tasted just like lemon-lime... but I guess thats all sprite is! The gum here is really chewy and not that good. It looses it's flavour in about 10 chews.
Photobucket

Valpariso just keeps getting prettier doesn't it? Like in SA, there are 2-3 men at the back of the rubbish trucks that run around the street collecting the trash by hand. These were hanging at the bottom of a flat's gate.
Photobucket

At about 2pm we hopped on a bus to go to a nieghbouring city, Vina del Mar. It was immediately so much nicer than Valpariso. I loved the palm tree's lining the street.
Photobucket

Reese and I at the famous flower clock! Yes, its almost half past 2 and still no food in sight....
Photobucket

We walked down the main street of Vina del Mar to go check out some flee market and this was the first thing that caught my eye. BREAD. Oh delicious bread.
Photobucket

While we trying to decide on a place to eat (FINALLY) this guy popped out of nowhere... Yes, thats a rubbish bin...
Photobucket

We got traditional Chilean hotdogs for lunch...avacado, tomato, and mayo. They were so divine, especially the bread!
Photobucket

The weirdest soda bottles I've ever seen.
Photobucket

Reese and I in Vina del Mar:
Photobucket

Chilean horses.
Photobucket

The beautiful ocean!
Photobucket

It felt so good to walk in beach sand again!
Photobucket

Reese and I on the beach!
Photobucket

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of this shot. I am by no means a good picture-taker, but I love this! The start of the entertainment...
Photobucket

This homeless fellow started following us around the beach when we first got there. There were a ton of other people to bother, but he decided on us.
Photobucket

Some really cool sand sculptures:
Photobucket

Cleaning the sand off our feet and trying to decide what to do with the following dog...
Photobucket

Ok, I realize that this is probably an invasion of privacy. But seriously? If I took a picture of all every single couple we see making out in public, thats all the pictures I would have. Gross people!!!
Photobucket

We underestimated the sun again and forgot our sunglasses. So our arms and eyes suffered quite a bit, but it was worth it to be in such a beautiful place!
Photobucket

More Chilean entertainment:
Photobucket

This is a kiddie bike area. It reminded me of the endless birthday parties at the ones in South Africa. It's the first one I've seen outside of SA. There should definitely be more. The kids were having so much fun!
Photobucket

Going our seperate ways. It was the first time Reese and Alex had seen each other since 2007, so of course we had to take a companion picture at thte end of the day!
Photobucket

More cool sand sculptures. A lion and monkey!
Photobucket

I don't know why this picture came out all fuzzy, but what this chick is wearing is typical Chilean fashion. Colourful and cartoon leggings with gladiator sandels are really in right now. I have see betty boop, hello kitty, tiedye, and even adult sized dora the explorer leggings. Not really my style, but the ladies here seem to love it!
Photobucket

For dinner, I got a tomato and avo salad. It was so good! Not sure if I have already written about the salad dressings here, but there are none. Every salad I have gotten is served with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. There is no ranch or vinegarette's. I like balsamic vinegar and lemons, so it works for me!
Photobucket

Here is Reese's heart attack of a meal: Steak, chips, and fried eggs.
Photobucket

We got back to Valpariso about 45 minutes before our bus was supposed to leave, but we were able to get on an earlier one. It was another quick trip because we were so tired from walking non-stop the whole day.
Photobucket

I was able to snap one last picture before falling asleep... This was taken at about 8:30pm. I love that the sun doesn't start going down till almost 9pm!
Photobucket

We had so much fun going to the coast. I LOVE Vina del Mar... I guess Reese and I will just have to go back and explore Valpariso when we aren't starving to death and maybe it'll be more enjoyable! :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

I'm really enjoying all these posts - sounds like quite an awesome trip :)

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story

Nicole said...

wait please tell me this is mexico!?! totally lived there and seriously even 12 year olds were making out!

Court said...

Nicole- it was in Chile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...