03 August, 2012

Baby Shower

About 2 weeks ago, I had my baby shower and it was so perfect! Liisa was in charge of putting it together, and she did such a wonderful job, along with everyone (Triana, Corryn, Candice, Carissa, Hillery, and Robin) pitching in to help. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect time and so grateful for all my wonderful family and friends who spoiled me and the baby with lots of great things. Oh, and I must mention Reese. He did make an appearance at the start of the shower and at the end. He spent the time in the middle playing Dad with our nephew Maddox at Safeway. :)

Prepare for an absolute picture overload!

The table settings:

The food table:

Liisa had some fun games planned, one of which was guessing whose baby picture belonged to who. There were also prizes for whoever guessed right!

The multitude of gifts! And since we don't know what baby Semanek is, people got to guess what they thought. It was a tie for a while, but by the end of the shower, there was one more boy guess than girl. I guess we'll just have to wait 6+/- weeks to see!

Triana organized yummy, relatively healthy, food for the shower. There was yogurt, fruit, and granola and delicious sugar cookies and frosting to make mini fruit pizza's. 







They also planned a raffle for anyone who brought a packet of nappies or wipes. That was great for me, because I probably have enough wipes for a year and certainly enough diapers to get me through a month or two!











Liisa did such an awesome job on all the decorating and making everything look so cute!


Can you guess who's who?



Carissa flew all the way from Idaho to be there, and it was so wonderful to have her part of the shower too! 



Carissa doing the macarena:

Robin and sweet little Ashlynn! Such a good pic. 

And then you have the many faces of Cheyennie with her "lips on". This would be her "can't you see I'm trying to steal Oumi's earrings- don't bother me" face.

And the next 3 faces are why she gets anything she wants- especially from my mom.



And another one who can get whatever she wants... I mean, look at that face!

My friend Tami's sweet little girl, Arianna. Too cute for words!

And that would be me, forehead vein and everything! I was particularly happy with how my dress turned out. Pregnancy makes you crazy (ask Reese, he'll confirm that) and something I was stressing about was finding a dress to wear. I found this one at asos.com and it landed up being perfect!

You know those baby triplets I was watching? This is their mom, Sena. She is the epitome of sweetness and patience. Seriously. 


And all the Evan's girls:




The whole gang:


And then there was present time... my favourite part! :) 

All my little helpers:

My mom and Candice got me a PPB diaper bag. When Cheyennie saw me take it out the box, she examined it and said "oh, a box". Close enough right?

Sadie looks upset... I think she was just trying to find another present to give me. 


The one who made it all happen!



Love them!

Another Cheyenne face:





Ok, so they had created some sort of mad libs type game. All the tables had a list of things on paper and they had to come up with words that fit. Carissa then put the words in a paragraph and I had to read it. It was absolutely ridiculous. I was laughing so hard I started to cry and sweat. At the same time. For the record, pregnant people cry and sweat a lot, so it was completely normal. 





This is what it said:
(All the bolded words are what people came up with)
Courtney stopped everything she was doing when she felt a sudden painful contraction in her elbow. Of course, the first thing she did was go to the cultural hall and climb, to keep her mind off the discomfort. Reese suggested that she chatter, till she knew for sure if she was in labour. She tentatively declined. She was sure it was time to go to the patio and give birth to her happy baby. Before leaving she called the dentist and said she would be leaving right after she tripped. Within 7 minutes of hanging up the phone, she was to the point where she could not even clean during a contraction. When Reese walked into the kitchen and saw her on her hands and knees burping, he said "we are going NOW!" and quickly packed up the scooter and got everything ready. The drive to the patio was fluffy. When Courtney arrived, the dentist examined her. She was 7 cm's dilated and the baby's tummy was crowning. The dentist suggested she try mowing through a few contractions. It worked! Her dog broke. 20 more pushes and a loud snap later, the baby was born. Baby Gertrude was so perfect, with a soothing tounge, and 433 fingers and toes. Everyone noticed immediately that the baby had it's father's nostrils and it's mother's belly button. It weighed 25 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 7 inches long. 

Now was that the most ridiculous thing you've ever read? If you do want someone talented enough to make you one, contact Carissa I believe. How she came up with that... who knows! 

And we're back to Cheyenne... dancing away to who knows what! 

Almost all of Reese's side of the family came. It was wonderful to see them all and have them all be so supportive!



And I'm especially grateful for Triana and Hillery. They both came from out of state to be there for the shower. Couldn't ask for better in-laws. 

My mom getting numbers from people... They were guessing how large my belly has become! And once again, Cheyenne is dancing. I don't think there was music playing... 


Robin and Liisa:

The Stapley Girls:

Diana, Paige, and Kelly:

There was a great turn out!



I don't think I need to say anything, she is Candice's child after all:





And that was that! It was a perfect shower and I had such a great time! Now to we just have to wait for baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! What a great shower! So exciting!

Jo said...

Oh my goodness! I was laughing so hard I was crying too at that madlib. That was AWESOME!!! And you look amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...