Wow, I am horrible at updating this blog! Time has escaped me once again. Oh well- I guess that means there will be a slew of updates all at once.
Back in February the Prince took his first trip to Utah over Valentines weekend. He was surprised with a fun package from Grandma (Reese's mom) for Valentines Day. We love our Grandma!!!
The flight to SLC was pretty uneventful. The Prince was a champ flyer and didn't make a peep except for when he giggled or smiled at other passengers. We were picked up by my Aunty Jacqui and Uncle Kiki and got to check out the new fancy City Creek Mall for about an hour before heading back to the airport to pick up my brother, Dylan. We had arranged this trip for Dylan to meet all his family, including his grandmother, in Utah. Sadly the day before we arrived our granny Audrey died suddenly. But life goes on, and we still had a great time. Dylan got to meet everyone and even go to probably the funnest funeral ever.
The Prince decided that the 4 out of 5 nights we were in Utah that he was going to sleep 8-hour stretches. It was awesome and weird. That has yet to happen since.
It was so fun seeing all my cousins, aunts, uncles, new family members, etc. I know it was such an awesome time for Dylan too.
These pictures are half stolen from my cousin Hailey/out of order, FYI!
My Aunty Sharon and cousin Rachel. Apparently we look alike? I dunno! Aunty Sharon is one of (EVERYONE'S) favourite Aunties though... even though technically she's an ex-aunt ;) She used to babysit me when I was little. She even made me give back a stolen ring when I was 3 or 4. :)
Below is your resident child-napper (also know as my sister, Beyonce Carissa). Do not leave your baby with her or else she WILL steal it. Obviously the Prince didn't seem to mind.
Ah, the child-napper and my favourite irish twin brother, Dylan. Doesn't he look dapper? He's definitely from LA... :)
Granny Audrey's funeral was lots of fun. Lots of jokes were said and it was great honouring her the way she wanted. Even though Dylan never got to meet her, he definitely learned all about her at the funeral. We also joked that this was granny Audrey's way of getting everyone to come and meet Dylan. :)
At the family dinner talking about how much Joanna loves kale. ;) Please notice the child-napper....
Cousins Matty, Rachel, and Joanna.
Cousins Jesse, Joshua, and Michael.
Granny Audrey's naughty children from oldest to youngest... I think (right to left): Aunty Tisha, Uncle Atholl, my Dad (Matthew), Uncle Timmy, and Uncle Kiki (also know as Christopher)
The pretty set up of pictures and protea's.
The most fabulous host ever... Aunty Jacqui
She was also on the verge of a. having another baby herself or b. stealing the Prince.
THe next series of pictures is Ryder being the cutest baby alive:
All the men carrying the casket.
Little Jesse LOVED his cousin (second, technically) Ryder. He just wanted to play with him all night!
I know it appears Jesse is smacking Ryder on the head, but he was actually just patting him gently. Such a little sweetie!
Doesn't get cuter than this...
Jesse wanted the Prince in his lap!
Big hugs!!!
Most hilarious face ever...
My little Squish...
Chris and Jacqui's backyard...
Reese's dad, Jon came to SLC while we were there so the boys could go skiing. We were able to spend half the day with him so we went to the Red Iguana (of course) and walked around Temple Square a bit.
Ryder and his weird uncle Wyatt...
Ryder and his Grandpa
Wyatt, his girlfriend Natalie, and the Prince.
One of these days I WILL do a session in the SLC Temple.
The Prince not having it...
Hanging out with dada...
Much better!
Aunty Jacqui had saved this bouncy thing from when Hailey was a baby. I don't even think they make them anymore but Ryder LOVED it! He just bounced, bounced, bounced.
Cute little bum!
And just like that our trip was over and we flew home! Again, Ryder was a great passenger and loved by all on the plane (or at least thats what I'm telling myself).
I never thought I'd say this, but we miss you Utah!!! Hopefully we'll be back to visit again soon.





























No comments:
Post a Comment