04 November, 2013

She Said Yes!

So as most of you guys know, my mom got married (lets forget about the fact that it was all the way in May and I'm only blogging about it now)! She met this fancy southern gentleman and decided that everything is better in the South. She is South African after all...

Anyways, thanks to blogger being an idiot (seriously) all the pictures are out of order. Oh well. Here goes the longest post in blogspot history....

Here is a version of my 9-month Prince. Cute, don't ya think? My Mom and Allison hired Ben to be their photographer. He did an incredible job as usual and all the pictures below that look professional were taken by him!

Look at those chubby legs!!! Ah... take me back to May so I can just squish them. Also, please take note of my shoes. Bad idea is all I am saying. 

That's my brother Matilda (Matt). He's pretty cute too I guess. 

My youngest (and biggest) brother Michelle (Mikey) sitting with the most beautiful Gran in the world. I mean look at her outfit!!!

And lets rewind back to AZ. The Prince helped me pack and we got sidetracked... 


Also, how does one pack a normal amount for 2 weeks with a baby? I guess I could have worn the same outfit everyday but no. Just no.  

This is us at 6AM waiting to get on an airplane. 


He was a champ (of course) and didn't fuss once on the way there. We flew from PHX to somewhere in Texas and then from there to the Carolinas. My two cents on flying with an infant? Boobs. Nurse them going up, let them sleep, nurse them going down. Easy-peasy. 

This is a great picture for several reasons. I will name two to keep it short. 1. Grand babies everywhere and 2. My Aunty Sandies excitement in seeing Princey

The next two pictures are the greatest pictures in the world. I love my Gran and I love my baby. So the two together is just perfection (especially their reactions). 


Most of our trip looked like this:

Or like this:

Either way, we spent a LOT of time in a car. 

But... with a view like this:

It was totally worth it! 

Everyone meet my Princess. 



Don't judge me until you have a baby boy and see a cute bow laying around.... 

Ashlynn and Ryder being cute and looking like royalty in their high chairs. 

It was my Aunty Cathy's birthday while we were all in South Carolina so of course we had to celebrate. My step-dad's daughter was so sweet and made the cake for her!

Celebrating the greatness that is my Aunty Cathy. If you don't know her, then just know she is the sweetest lady on the planet. She works hard, is only ever kind, never gets mad, and is full of the best advice. We love her!

Meet my Uncle Darryl. He's the best and was Ryder's step in dad while Reese was gone. He called him "Squishels" and the Prince loved every moment with his Uncle!


Horray for birthdays! 

Somebody has to work around here so we had to facetime with Reesey for the first week. This is what daddy/baby facetime looks like:

My mom's husband lives on the most gorgeous piece of property in the Carolina's. On this lake. Doesn't get better than this!




Makes you want to go running, doesn't it?

Then 2 minutes in I was like... "hmmm, I think I'll take a selfie and call it a day"


So I feel like I had a pretty good routine with the Prince before our trip. He slept in his crib for naps and with us for bedtime. This trip kinda ruined the whole crib thing 100% because of all the comings and goings. In any case, here is a picture of him actually sleeping in a crib. Amazing. 

We were lucky and got to borrow a carseat while we were there. At the time I thought these pictures were way too cute. Now I look at them and all I can think of is the fact that the seat was obviously not put in correctly. I'll slap my own wrists, thanks!


Oh you know, just being cute and sweaty... 

There is nothing Princey likes more than nursing. He even dreams about it in his sleep. 

Being a cool dude with his Unc.


I just love that chubs. 

My Gran and Aunty Cathy looking cute and please notice how prepared my Gran was for the heat and humidity. (hint: look at her jean pockets)

You don't even wanna know how many pictures I took of the Spanish moss... A little obsessed....

Sophie went through a lot this trip...

One of my favourite pictures. Seriously. SO PRESH (as my mother would say)!

The naked Buddha with his Nini


He looks a little devilish. Lets be honest. 

It's hard to look at how cute his fohawk is when my gross toes are in the picture. Sorry guys. 

It's totally normal to post this many pictures of the same human, right?

Liisa wishing she had twins!

Probably the funniest thing I have ever witnessed. Allison's expression says it all. Can I get a "what the hell"?

I'm not sure why this picture is in this post but I am keeping it because it's hilarious. 

At 9 months of life Princey got his first sickness. A cold that turned into an ear infection. :( Is that not the saddest face you've ever seen in your life?

Me being the awesome mom I am still made him do sight seeing that day. In my defense (still inexcusable) I had no idea... 

Here we are checking out some awesome South Carolina history. If I could just move into one of these houses life would be complete!

And this is my mom thinking her dance moves will make the Prince smile...

Just doing one of  our favourite things ever... Reading a book. I know almost all of them off by heart now. Big A little a what begins with a? Aunty Annie's alligator, A A A. Told ya!

I literally couldn't delete one picture of this child. He is just too perfect! 

I am 100% positive he will love me someday for this one:

Who wears short shorts?

Walking around Charleston with our Granny.

We get our looks from her!

Spilling water all over himself like a good boy... 

And sleeping... in the car seat... 

Being a mom is the greatest. Even with the no sleep, crying, poops, and nip lash. 

My little sickie!

And the curls begin!

Being a faker... I think it's his 3rd favourite thing to do. First is nurse, second is poop, and third is faking it. 

This was on the 17 hour 3 hour drive to Savannah, Georgia

First things first was a trolley ride around the cutest city in America!

Chey-chey, the Southern Belle.

Sisters xoxo

Cool sisters. 

And then I proceeded to take 100,000 pictures of tree's and house and green stuff. Living in the dessert makes you crazy. 










Miguel and the Spanish moss. 















So when in Georgia, you have to do some touristy things. Going to Paula Deen's restaurant was one of them. Worst. Idea. EVER. The shop was cute though. 

Ryder was not impressed. I think it was the teeth...



My sissie Carissie and her husband Jakie. 

Why was the restaurant a bad idea? There was a 45 minute wait AND the food wasn't that great at all. It was all dripping in butter and I know... I shouldn't be surprised but common. If I am going to pay $15 for a vegetarian sandwich I'd like it to not fall apart because the bun is dripping in butter. I am not even joking. 

Here is a series of cuteness from my son:





And here he is completely knocked out. And that is my brother-in-law's chin. FYI!

SO CUTE!

Outfit change and on to the next adventure! Aunty Sissa is the best. 


See what I mean? BE-U-TIFUL! 

Here is my champion boy at his first sick visit. People document sick visits, right?

Talking to the Doctor about his 99 problems.

Attempting to bite the Dr apparently...


Ryder and his South Carolina BFF, Luke. 


Sink baths

Medicine

and naps. Thats what the Dr ordered. 

My son has a deep, DEEP love for vegetable juice. 


Faking it. 

BFF's

I took a screen shot of this instagram page (weirdo, I know) as motivation to not eat entire houses while I was on holiday. Unfortunately it didn't help. I did feel like it should be documented though. 

And after a long week without our favourite person we were finally reunited!!! 

One of the only ways he'd nap by the end of our trip...

Entertainment

My cutest Semanek-side niece, Sadie. 

Wedding day selfie! 

So excited for Oumi's big day!!!

All ready for the wedding shenanigans. 



They did it! They did it! They really, really did it!





Riding in style to the reception!

Nursing in the humidity is awesome. Sweat everywhere. 

Relaxing with Gran and the babe. 


Waiting for the ring ceremony to start!

The happy couple!

Being completely inappropriate during the ring ceremony. 

And the reception begins!

Brother and sister waltzing away. 

Oumi loving on her favourite grandson. 

Is my mom beautiful or what?

The Pink Princess of Poofyland. 



Soooooo we completely forgot to have a bustle put on my moms dress and during the perfect dance she stepped on the back of her dress. Her and my Uncle went flying but all was well in the world with no broken bones and they got up and finished their dance perfectly. It was a moment for the memory books! :) 


AND back to the ring ceremony. Ryder loves his tongue. 

Ashlynn and her daddy. She refused to look at me, silly girl!

My sisters singing beautifully. I would have joined them, but since my voice is far superior, I didn't want to steal the show. 

My Uncle Stuart was in charge of flowers and did he not do an amazing job? So beautiful!

He was just looking cute. So I had to take a picture. Side note... I feel sorry for all my other children because they won't have as many pictures as Ryder. Nor will I be as sane. 

This is hilarious. This is a picture of lunch Reese sent me while I was in South Carolina. Jamba Juice and chips with hot sauce. What would husbands do without wives? They'd either starve or eat like this... sooo funny!

Did you ever see a more perfect face?

And back to the happy couple...

My mom and her mom. Perfection. 

4 generations. Shirley, Corryn, Candice, and Cheyenne

My mom and her children. Michael (21), Me (25), Candice (29), Carissa (30), and Matthew (23)

Remember a loooong time ago in this post I said something about my shoes being a bad idea? This is why. I am sorry for the flats. I really am.



C&A with the Hickman Family visiting all the way from Utah! We have the best cousins.

My Aunty Tisha, cousin Elizabeth, and Uncle Lee also came for the wedding festivities.

You wouldn't know this but Cheyenne was not cooperating.

Evans pride!

My mom and Allison with her siblings from South Africa. Aunty Sandie, Uncle Darryl, Gran, and Aunty Cathy. Don't they all look fab?


Just don't look from the knee down. K, thanks!

I think this was mostly everyone. All the children and grandchildren.

Ben did a phenomenal job on their wedding portraits. They are AMAZING!






Amazing, right? So so good!

My mom and her best Arizona friend, Traci.

My mom and her best South African-Canandian friend Aunty Kim.

My mom and her best sister-in-law-not-any-more friend Aunty Sharon.

The cutest little flower girl, Chloe.

Hooray!!!

The Columbia South Carolina temple is stunning hey?

Perfection.


More best friend pictures:



Best outfit award goes to my Aunty Kim for sure. That dress and those heels! She has amazing taste.

Cheyenne was REALLY happy to be there at this point.

I am not sure a better picture was taken...


Oumi and her grandchildren:

My chubby bubby.

More gorgeous portraits:




The two people who made it all happen...

And more amazing portraits at the wedding venue





Cousins.

Mother and son.

Reese and Andy chowing down.

The best speech ever!

And now for the greatest reception pictures ever...





































I've said this before. She hides stuff in her hair. Animals and babies.


Best photographer ever.




Aunty Cathy and all her hard word! She made the cake.

Our favourite Utah peoples.

My mom with her new SIL and BIL

And now for the bouquet toss! Someone good better catch it...

Woo woo!!!!

My beautiful mom and beautiful Aunty Sharon.







More SIL's and BIL's





One of my best friends, Laurel. She drove a few hours to come to the wedding. I love her SOOOOOO MUCH!

Is this the most perfect picture? So cute!

Love my family!








My MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, and niece and nephew.

Cutest Aunt award!

Young love...



So many choices...



Maddox, the tornado.

And we have a tooth! First one ever!!!

Charleston, you're so pretty!
















Our second to last day we got brave enough to swim. Listen here folks, anything below 110 is too cold to swim.


My awesome father in law...

And my husband. In his undies.

MORE. BBQ. NOW.

Give me spoons or give me death!

Since when do Fraternity/Sorority houses look like this? Sign me up!

Teenagers.





And just like that the trip was over!

No, don't make me leave!


So long gorgeous area of the USA.

The Prince of Mesa will miss you.

My SIL and BIL loving on Ryder. They are the best. I really lucked out in the in-law department.

And that's that folks! If you made it this far, congratulations. We had the best time and can't wait for their 1-year anniversary party (hint, hint mom ;))

Stay tuned for the Mesa Reception!

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

I foresee a girls trip or couples trip here in our future. It's BEAUTIFUL there!
I can't believe how little Ryder looks in these pictures! It doesn't even seem that long ago :( They grow too fast!
AZ has ruuuined you, ha ha!

Shay said...

I really have to give it to you- when you
do blog once in a blue moon you really BLOG! Loved seeing these pictures and your hilarious, as usual! Can't wait to see the Mesa pics!

Laurel!!! said...

I thought up so many comments along the way, but thtere was so much to get through that I forgot them all.

Love you too lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...