I found one of my old journals from the early 2000's. I started reading it and landed up crying I was laughing so hard. Oh the hard life of a 14 year old. I thought I'd share some of the entries with you all. I hope you also laugh until you cry! (Side note: I am not editing these at all. They're going to be typed up exactly as written. Spelling mistakes and all.)
2 Feb, 2003 (Sunday)
Hey Journal,
Well, I have some clearing up to do. Chad is not my boyfriend. I just felt saying that. He is really hott though! He has really white, straight teeth. I met him at a youth dance. I'm hopefully gonna see him on Wednesday! I used to like this one guy named Chris, but yah, that was a weird stage. But dont get me wrong! I absolutely LOVE Chad. Some of my close friends are Tami, Lindsey R, Laurel, Lindsey H, Kayla, Emily, Cierra, Amy, Britny, Heather, Katrina, Kendilyn, and probably some other people. Some of my guy friends are Jesse, Andrew, Larrin, Jason, Joel, David, Daniel, Dale Junior, Danny S, and probably some other guys. So I guess I have a lot of friends. Oh yah, and I think Chad likes me as a friend. I really LOVE him though. My favourite shop at the moment is Abercrombie and Fitch. I LOVE that store. When I have kids they are going to wear Abercrombie Kids clothes, then when they are older they are gonna wear like Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch. And like if I had a boyfriend, I'd get them (I mean him) shirts or pants from Abercrombie or Hollister. I'm on the Rhodes Cheer Squad and I love to cheer. It's my life. I'm gonna try out for Dobson. I really want to make it even if I only make JV! It would be an honour just to make JV! It would be so awesome if I made JV and Chad made JV football! Then I could cheer for him. I still play violin too! It is fun only some of the time. Sometimes I want to quit. I want to study law when I get older to. I think I want to be an Attorney. Katrina is one of my good friends. She is in LOVE with Jesse Haws. Jesse is really cute but I think Chad is cuter. Way cuter. Chad isn't even cute, Chad is HOTT! I know that he'd never ask me out though because I'm WAY to quite. DAMNIT! Why can't I be loud! Thats one of my flaws. Oh yah, and Chad likes this one chubby, big boobed cheerleader on the Carson Cheer Team. Another one of my flaws is that I dont have boobs and I dont have straight teeth! UNBELIEVABLE! DAMNIT!!! DAMN, DAMN, DAMNIT! (I think that's how you spell it) Well, I gotta go now!
I LOVE CHAD!
(Like a ton!)
love always,
Courtney
-----
Alright. Can we please dissect that journal entry?
Ok.
I wrote all over the journal "I love Chad" and "He's my boyfriend"... hence the clearing up in the beginning of the entry.
Apparently he was really "hott" and had nice teeth... thats always good!
Apparently Chris was a "weird" stage and I sure did have a lot of friends. Wow!
Please let the record state that the last time I shopped at Abercrombie or Hollister was High School... thanks heavens!
Also please let the record state that none of my children will ever wear those clothes.
I'm surprised I didn't use the word "like" more often.
Law school... ha ha. ha ha ha
I was a jealous 14 year old, apparently. (refer to the chubby cheerleader)
The only thing that wasn't overly dramatic was the big boobs issue. Lets just say my sternum was bigger than my boobs. Also I was rocking a Madonna smile at the time.
And the damns I'll blame on my mom. Sorry mom.
Thank heavens we grow up!
Here is a totally unrelated picture. Reese and I went to Mexico with some friends before we started dating back in the day. Here I am, dressed completely inappropriately, putting a "stinky pill" (some fat burners I was taking, lets not talk about why) by his face. And it was hilarious. Also... I'm not sure how I ever got that tan.

3 comments:
This made my week! So much I could say...you had SO MANY friends- definitely one of my favorite parts!😂haha.
Ha ha ha ha I know what Chad you're talking about but don't remember his last name.. His teeth were super white though. Ha ha lets go back to those days!PLEASE!
I know I texted you but I can't get over this! SO FUNNY!! I'm so glad we are friends ;)
Post a Comment